Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My daily battle


I remember a time when I wanted to work out, I mean I got up in the morning and I wanted to go to the gym and work till my muscles were sore and push to see just how much more I could do today than the day before.

Today I need to work out, but I don’t want to.  Every day is a struggle to get myself up and moving.  I have a constant battle in my head one side says “you need this just do it you will feel better if you do”, the other side replies “FU”.  And this goes on for hours till I finally go for a run or I just get me a cookie and call it good.
How do I get back to the time when I actually wanted to work out?  I know it makes me feel good, and I know I always feel better when I do it. So why is it so hard to just do it?  If I knew that in 2weeks I would want to do it, or that it would be less of a fight with myself it might be easier to push to get there, but let’s face it this struggle with me has been going on more than 2 weeks and it is not getting any easier.

I hate fighting epically with myself; I mean I can’t just ignore myself like I can other people.  How do you just not answer the phone when the phone is in your head right!  So how do I stop this constant bickering with myself, how do I get my lazy I don’t want to do it side to get out there running without the constant fight? 
How do you do it?  Do you have to fight with your lazy side too, or are you in the workout paradise I remember where your whole self wants to do? 

Photobucket

No comments: