Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Running in the Wind

Most of the time when you talk about running in the wind you want to start off running into the wind and then have the wind to your back on your way home.  This makes a lot of since, however in the winter this is not the best way to do it.

Today I went for a run and had to run into the wind on my way out.  And when the temps are around 20 degrees it is pretty darn cold and running into the wind just makes it colder.  After about a mile I warmed up and the wind did not feel so bad but then it was time to turn around and have the wind to my back.  The whole time I was thinking how much nicer it would have been to start my run with the wind at my back and finish my run with the wind in my face to cool me down. 

You see I am one of those people that gets very hot during a run.  So much so that I have been on runs in 10 degrees and had to remove my hat and gloves after a couple miles because I was just too darn hot. But those first couple miles I am usually freezing. 

How do you stay warm but not too warm during your winter runs?  Do you prefer running into or against the wind?

Photobucket

1 comment:

EricaH said...

i am wimpy so most of my winter runs are on the treadmill and what's really sad about that is I live in Southern California.