Saturday, March 27, 2010

Just a Lazy Couch Potato

Since I ran my first ½ Marathon on March 7th, my running has well… I am not running. I feel like such a slacker. Not only have I not been running, but I am not working out at all. I have always been one of those people who gets up every morning at 4:30 am to hit the gym (well lately it has been the basement for P90X). I have now passed the point of feeling like working out to feeling like just wanting to sit around and be a total couch potato. I know that if I could just make myself get up and do it I would feel better but the motivation is just not there. Today I was really thinking about a nice long run (those are my favorite kinds of runs) and then I look outside and it is cold, rainy, and windy who wants to go out in that? Then when the weather has been nice I have had so much to do I could not get out. I know this all sounds like a bunch of excuses (even to me) but between my life being busy and my drive being gone I have not run more than 4 miles at a time in over 2 weeks. That is just sad.


I need your help to kick my lazy butt in gear! What do you all do when you have lost the motivation to just get up and get out there for a run?

TraceySig

3 comments:

jill said...

boy, and i thought the whole not running after a race thing was just me! i'm in this place with you, and when the weather isn't nice out and i don't have ridiculously priced race to get ready for, it's hard to make the effort to get outside. but, here's what i do when i know i should run (and somewhere in my mind i know i'd even like it) but don't want to: i wear my running clothes all day long until i get outside. and i set myself an embarrassingly easy goal like "run down the street for 5 minutes; then i'll go home". usually, if i can get out the door and run for a few minutes, the "i don't wannas" go away.

will said...

If you're looking for motivation, stop by my site and sign up for the emails. We also have a group on facebook. Its good to make friends with people who have the same goals and same destination. plus it keeps you accountable and you can help other people be accountable!

Will
Fitness Achievement

Tracey Kite said...

Hi Will! I checked out your site, you have some good information on it and I am a huge fan of P90X. I also joined your group on facebook, I am looking forward to being held accountable!