Monday, March 1, 2010
And the Countdown Begins
1) I get to meet some of the running moms who have help to make me the runner I am today.
2) I get to run in my first ½ marathon
3) I get to run in not one but two Disney races
4) I will run a 5k with my sister who is aiming to run the whole 5k for her first time ever
5) My daughter is running in the Disney kids races
6) My daughter gets to meet Mickey Mouse for the first time
7) I can get out of this winter hell for a week and defrost
8) I will get to visit family and friends in Miami for a week after the Disney festivities are over
Can you all see why I am so excited? I have already packed up my daughters things for the trip and have a mental note of what I am packing for myself, I am sure I will start the actual packing tomorrow.
With all the excitement of the trip I have not had much time to totally freak-out about the half marathon. Don’t get me wrong I am freaking out a little just not a total freak-out. I know I have done the miles and can run this, but my last long run went bad. I set out to do 8 miles and ended up at three. Not exactly as planned, but I know we all have bad runs right? My two long runs before that went so well I felt like I could do anything so this one bad one should not get me down or make me panic thinking that I am going to bonk at three miles. This is what I keep telling myself, and then that other little voice in my head says this was a sign, you did not train properly and those two great runs were just a fluke you can’t run 13 miles. I am wondering if this is how all runners start to feel before a race at a distance they have not done yet.
I guess with all the stuff going on and all the planning to try and see as many friends and family as I can in one little week, my head is just spinning and it should not surprise me I am a little worried about my race. I do feel better knowing that a couple of my running mama’s Anna and Jill will be running with me which really makes me feel much better about it. I know they will keep my spirits up and my legs moving.
I am curious though do you get like this; you know second guessing yourself before a big race? Or do you feel confident in your training and know you will Rock it?